If you are looking to improve your smile, look no further than oral health care treatments, techniques, and methods. Everything from the lifestyle you live to the foods and drinks to consume as well as the cleaning habits you keep can all drastically affect your oral health. The more you do to keep your smile in optimum condition, the healthier and happier you will be. Here are a few tips, tools, and techniques to consider for optimal oral health care:
– Visit your dentist for routine examinations and checkups. In addition, speak with your dentist about the possibility of a professional cleaning.
– Use teeth whitening treatment systems that are approved by your dentist, as some products are unregulated and can easily lead to dental damage in the form of bleached gums and tooth enamel loss.
– Used effective safety equipment including helmets, facemasks, and mouth guards to keep your smile safe when involved in high-risk activities such as contact sports.
– Avoid mouth jewelry, as it can lead to infections, tooth chipping and cracking, gum lacerations, nerve damage, and can pose as choking hazards.
– Use oral health care cleaning products that are highly effective and capable of protecting your smile. This includes products that feature the ADA Seal of Acceptance and those recommended or suggested by your dentist.
– Avoid products that can be hazardous to your teeth, including sugary sweets, hard candies, and sticky snacks.
Are you in need of a dentist in Trussville, Alabama? If so, our team at Marshall Family Dentistry can help. Dr. Reid Marshall and our team can give you a complete oral examination to determine which oral health care treatments are best for you and your oral health care needs. To book a visit to our dentist office, call us at 205-853-4600 to schedule an appointment.